The program for mining Ethereum
There are several programs for mining Ethereum, as for me the best among them is Claymore’s Dual Ethereum Miner, which not only gives a good hash, but is easy to operate.
However, like other miners, it does not start simply through the .exe file, but inside the program it is necessary to create a special .bat file.
But first things first.
First you need to understand what kind of video card you have, if it has less than two gigabytes of video memory, the miner does not start at all. I will say even more for the etheriining minings in 2017 will soon be not enough, even 2 cards will be needed for 4 and above gigabytes.
Next, download the program via the official link:
We choose the latest version, so do not forget to look at the date!
Open the file “start.bat” with any text editor (for example notepad),
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool us1.ethpool.org:3333 -ewal 0xD69af2A796A737A103F12d2f0BCC563a13900E6F -epsw x -dpool stratum+tcp://dcr.suprnova.cc:3252 -dwal Redhex.my -dpsw x
We do not touch it yet.
To further edit the file, we need to select a pool, in the example mention http://ethpool.org/ lets try it.
First, change the contents of the bat file to the following:
set GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
set GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
set GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
set GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
set GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eu1.ethpool.org:3333 -ewal 0xa6f04a32254e8e9ca397f373568cddb15024092b -eworker fatf9 -epsw x -allcoins 1
Decipher the last line (it is actually the most important one):
- ethdcrminer64.exe – executable file that will be opened when you start the batch file;
- -epool — address of the pool on which we are on, we are looking for it on the pool, in this case it is eu1.ethpool.org:3333;
- -ewal или ethereum walet — wallet address, it’s all a long name “0xa6f04a32254e8e9ca397f373568cddb15024092b”;
- -eworker fatf9 – this is a random name of the tearing device, basically arbitrary, but on some pools it is necessary to specify it (supnova where there is a registration)
- -epsw x – instead of X you can specify a password, I do not see any sense in it if not a mandatory pool requirement.
Now run the edited bat file, the following picture should appear:
However, let’s check on the pool whether the work of the program is displayed when mining. To do this, in the upper right corner we find the field and the inscription “Check status”, and insert the wallet number specified in the miner.
The following image should appear:
Pay attention to the main thing that would have been indicated megaheshes.
If you see something like that, your program works correct.